The Wysor's Grand Opera House Programs digital collection includes over 40 season programs ranging from 1897-1902.
Jacob Henry Wysor built the Wysor's Grand Opera House in 1892 on the corner of Jackson and Mulberry Streets in Muncie. J. H. Wysor was a prominent Muncie businessman who accumulated nearly a half million dollars through his real estate interests, a trip to California during the Gold Rush, and various business ventures.
Harry Richardson Wysor, J. H. Wysor's son, was the general manager from 1892 to the early 1900s. The opera house held many stage productions during its 70-year career, as well as movies beginning in the 1920s. In its prime, as many as four different plays or shows were performed each night.
The Wysor's Grand Opera House was razed in 1963.
Archives & Special Collections, Wysor's Grand Opera House programs finding aid